RSS

Pazzia

16 Dec

image_1Pazzia – SoMa

Everything seemed very authentic – the menu was in both Italian and English and they had a wide array of Italian dishes from Gnocchi Pomodoro to Chicken Marsala. We were even served a bit of roasted bread and given some oil to tide us over before ordering.

I was feeling rather full from a few beers I had been drinking earlier, so I ended up splitting the pizza del giorno with my partner in crime. While the name of the “pizza of the day” eludes me – due in one part alcohol and one part to exhaustion – it was expertly made with fresh prosciutto, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. The crust was thin and crispy, even cracker-esque. It was a very fundamental pizza, but the simplicity forced you to concentrate on the quality individual components of the pizza – in this case, a very good thing.

The atmosphere was great. There were a lot of people laughing and having a good time. The lighting was dim, but not so dim that you couldn’t see what you were eating. The restaurant was pretty packed around 8PM on a Wednesday night, but we were served very promptly even without reservations. I would definitely come back here just to get try another one of their pizzas! I can’t vouch for any of the other dishes, but Pazzia knows pizza. Ciao image_2

Pazzia Caffe and Trattoria on Urbanspoon

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Prodigal Daughter

December 20, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Love your page, this is what I call the living directory! We always struggle where to go and your reviews are helpful, more!!

2. Nellie Tran

January 18, 2013 at 1:01 pm

I don’t live far from this restaurant and from your post it seems worth checking out. I love thin crust pizzas. Good point about the lighting in the restaurant- I tend to not like restaurants that are so dark you can’t see your food. It makes me wonder what they are hiding!

3. Staci and Gina

January 29, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Oh wow. Now that’s an authentically italian pizza.

4. Chaat Cafe « Joe Eats SF

February 9, 2013 at 5:36 pm

[…] Cafe is an Indian restaurant located on third street, SOMA. It’s fairly close to Pazzia and since so many people on Yelp were raving about the Chicken Tikka Masala, I figured I owed them […]

5. hsmith20

April 2, 2013 at 11:32 pm

I’ve very recently moved to SF, and your blog is a delightful discovery! (so thank you for liking my post on two counts). This restaurant in particular sounds really good, so I’ll have to keep it in mind!

6. gamestop xbox one

March 8, 2014 at 5:12 pm

I absolutely love your website.. Pleasant colors
    & theme. Did you develop this amazing site yourself?
    Please reply back as I’m looking to create my very own
    website and want to know where you got this from or just what the theme is called.
    Cheers!